Biyang is a professional manufacturer for Duct Splitter in ductwork industry. The duct splitter is an important kind of HVAC duct fittings to get air flow from the main duct into multiple directions smaller ducts and areas. You may also call this ducting y splitter, wye splitter, or just wye.
Biyang Duct Splitter have different types based on air flow directions, such as 3 way duct splitter, 4 way duct splitter and so on. The most popular sizes are 4 inch duct splitter and 6 inch duct splitter.
Some most common Duct Splitters are Y Splitter, and WYE Splitter (or branch wye). These parts are widely used as the Air Duct Splitter, HVAC Duct Splitter, AC Duct Splitter, Dryer Vent Hose Splitter and so on.
Biyang Duct Splitter is mainly made of galvanized steel or stainless steel. All of our raw materials come from large steel manufacturers in China such as Baosteel and Shougang. These materials are much steadier in features, and can have a nicer outlook and longer durability after manufacturing.
Due to the high standard material, Biyang Splitter is extremely rust resistant, which helps maintain the clean and green air in the ducting system. Biyang helps protect your health. Biyang has all ducting facilities to provide one-stop solutions for your ductwork and HVAC projects.
In these years, we’ve participated in all kinds of projects, whether big or small and home or abroad, from Shanghai Disneyland to oversea military base, from a small house ducting to the whole National Olympic Sports Center ducting system.
Biyang product categories cover all ducting and accessories, such as duct boots, duct reducers, duct wyes, and duct elbows, duct tee, and so on. For big HVAC projects, it might not be easy for you to do the installation. Biyang team has also provided the oversea on-site installation team and guidance team to save your time and money. Our professional installation team has helped several customers to complete their projects in recent years, including customers in Vietnam and Japan.
Share us about your duct splitter requirements, and we Biyang will send you the solution.
|Material||Galvanized steel, stainless steel|
Duct Splitter: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
1. What is Duct Splitter?
Duct splitter is a device that you can use to distribute air from main supply system to multiple smaller ducts.
2. How many Types of Duct Splitter are there?
There are different types of duct splitters depending on the number of directions of flow of air such as:
- 3-way duct splitter
- 4-way duct splitter
way duct splitter
3. Duct Splitter is made from which Material?
You can make the duct splitter using the following materials:
- Galvanized steel
- Stainless steel
4. What is Duct Splitter used for?
You can use the duct splitter in the distribution of air from the main supply of HVAC system.
Its branchesdistribute the air flowing through the main system into smaller other systems.
You can use it to distribute air in:
- Buildings as it distributes air to different rooms within the building.
5. Are there Dimension Specifications for Duct Splitter?
No, there are do dimension specifications for the duct splitter.
You will decide on the dimensions of the duct splitter according to your application specifications.
6. Which Accessories Can you use alongside Duct Splitter?
You can use the following accessories alongside the duct splitter:
- Duct boots
- Duct transition
- Duct elbows
- Duct wyes
- Duct tee among other key accessories
7. How does Duct Splitter Work?
The duct splitter is responsible for the distribution of air to other smaller branches of the ventilation duct system.
It has a special design that allows you to connect it to the main air supply unit.
Apart from that, it has different open branches that allow air from the main branch to pass through.
In the long run, the branching parts distribute the air to other parts.
8. What is Duct Splitter Damper?
Duct splitter damper controls the amount of air that goes through specific duct splits.
For instance, in case you want to distribute 2000 cfm of air, you will use a dust splitter damper to regulate the amount.
9. How do you Install Duct Splitter?
You can easily install a duct splitter by going through the following procedure.
First, you need to select the type of duct splitter that you intend to connect to the main system.
Remember that the duct splitter has to be of the same size as that of the source connectors.
Crimp one end of the duct splitter using crimp tools so that they can fit perfectly when you are connecting them.
You should crimp the end of the duct splitter that you are going to connect to the main source.
After that, you will insert the crimped end and connect it to the uncrimped end of the main duct.
Use a flat screw driver to guide the duct splitter into the main air source in case of difficulties.
Tape the seams of the connections to ensure that there are no leakages.
You can insert three screw at different intervals that will ensure the duct splitter does not detach at high pressure.
10. Where should you Install Duct Splitter?
You should install the duct splitter to the main air supply system so that it can split and distribute the air effectively.
11. What are the Features of a Good Duct Splitter?
A good duct splitter should have the following features:
- It can either have stainless steel or galvanized steel materials
- It should be water and airtight thus reducing any form of leakage
- The dimensions in terms of size and thickness should fit the dimensions of the connectors.
- It has to withstand a certain amount of heat and pressure thus increasing durability
- Rust resistant thus increasing the safety of using the duct splitters.
12. How does a 3 Way Duct Splitter compare to 4 Way Duct Splitter?
3-way duct splitters have three main branches that distribute air to other parts of the ventilation system.
Apart from the main branch, it has two other branches that supply the air.
On the other hand, 4-way duct splitter has one main supply unit with three other branches for distribution of air.
13. Why Buy Biyang Duct Splitter?
You should consider buying Biyang duct splitter because of the following reasons:
- Biyang uses stainless steel and galvanized steel from large steel manufacturers thus ensuring better quality.
- The material Biyang uses have steady features with nice outlooks and longer life span after manufacture.
- Biyang duct splitters are resistant to rust thus helping in the maintenance of green and clean air thus ensuring safety.
14. Are there Standard Designs for Duct Splitter?
No, there are no standard designs for duct splitters.
You will come up with a particular design that will perfectly fit your application specifications.